We are a growing — and dedicated — community of skilled, experienced, professional women who have an ardent interest in helping Chicago-based nonprofit organizations fulfill their missions and make a positive difference in the world.
WomenOnCall is a unique, online network created to connect professional women with meaningful causes and relevant skills-based volunteer opportunities with Chicago-area nonprofit organizations. We provide women with an easy, yet powerful and impactful way, to give back and add significant value by sharing their experience and skills with nonprofits looking to fill a specific need.
WomenOnCall aligns the skills, expertise and interests of highly-qualified volunteers with short-term, high-impact projects at trusted nonprofit organizations. Through on-site and virtual volunteer opportunities that require 10 hours of service or less, WomenOnCall members provide skills-based service to further advance an organization’s mission and improve their bottom line.
We are a growing — and dedicated — community of skilled, experienced, professional women who have an ardent interest in helping change the narrative in the city of Chicago and help nonprofit organizations fulfill their missions and make a positive difference in the world.
What makes WomenOnCall unique:
- We make the right connections between qualified volunteers and nonprofit needs.
- We support our nonprofit members through structured guidance and assist them in designing volunteer projects that are specific and can generate the most value in 10 hours of service or less.
- Our volunteers can contribute on both tactical and consultative projects — everything from achieving a short-term goal for an organization to helping the nonprofit develop a roadmap for an upcoming project.
- Via virtual volunteering, our members can connect and add value anywhere throughout the country.
- Our nonprofit and volunteer members have 24/7 access to our dynamic and intuitive web-based platform to make meaningful connections anytime, anywhere.
Join us now. Sign up today.
After volunteering for decades, working with a wide variety of nonprofits and sharing her talents on a number of boards, Founder Margot Pritzker identified a new opportunity to marry the needs of nonprofits with the busy lifestyles of most volunteers. Though many organizations can recruit volunteers to staff an event or help with traditional tasks, tight budgets make it difficult for a number of nonprofits to afford professional expertise and assistance on short-term assignments. Simultaneously, women are often juggling family and work commitments, making it challenging to carve out time to give back, despite wanting to help their communities.
This led Margot to develop the idea of a web-based organization that would easily match a volunteer’s professional skills with the right nonprofit that needs them. In 2006, WomenOnCall was born.